|Gee Hing Church|
|Gee Hing Church is located at the entry of Blackburn Lane from the India Exchange Place Extension. Located above the Chen's Carpenterey Shop, this Chinese Temple is also very difficult to find.|
Originally built in 1888 it was shifted to the present location of 13 Blackburn Lane in 1920. The Gee Hing Church house a framed painting of Kwan Kun, the Chinese God of the Sea. Its quiet likely that the ancient Calcutta Chinese, who reached Calcutta after a rough sea ride, worshiped the God of Sea.
The two roomed Gee Hing Church comes with the Gee Hing Club, decorated with beautiful wood curved furnitures. Sadly every thing is in a run down state.
The photo shows the main alter of Gee Hing Church with the framed photo of Chinese God of Sea Kwan Kun.